Investment banking is a division in the banking industry that involves the creation of capital for governments, companies, and wealthy entrepreneurs. Creation of capital can be in the form of selling of shares. In the United States, major investment banks include Morgan Stanley, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, and J.P Morgan.
The role of investment banks include:
- Advising the government and businesses on strategies for solving their financial challenges.
- They act as a bridge between the investors and large business enterprises.
- Assist clients in raising capital.
- They conduct research and identify profitable areas where investors can invest their money.
- Provide trading and sales services: Investment banks execute bond transactions on behalf of their clients.
- They also provide asset management services. For instances, JP Morgan utilizes its asset management division to manage its diversified portfolio comprised of pension.
- Some investment banks also offer securitized products as well as financial advisory services to their clients.
- Investment banks supervises mergers and acquisitions transactions.
About Martin Lustgarten
Martin Lustgarten is one of the most experienced investment bankers in the United Sates. He is also the manager of Lustgarten, Martin, an investment firm situated in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. For decades, Martin has been offering investment advice to clients across different sectors. As an investor, he encourages business people to spread their wealth to various countries to minimize risks and increase likelihoods of making profits. Lustgarten is an internationally acclaimed investor, and over the years, he has assisted clients across the globe with the development of investment portfolios. Martin has used his dual citizenship to render actionable investment tips to his customers. At one point, he was a citizen of both Venezuela and Austria.
Having served in the investment world for a long time, Lustgarten has developed skills that enable him to observe and sense when the market is about to make a downturn. These observational skills are what makes him stand-out in the investment-banking industry. He also believes that people can grow their wealth exponentially if they make smart investment decisions. Aside from investment banking, Lustgarten is a collector and dealer in vintage watches.